Paid Development Internship at Promise House (filled)
We are excited to announce that this position has been filled! Stay tuned to meet our new Intern and learn more about their experience at Promise House!
As part of the ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program, Promise House is hiring a summer intern in our Development department! If you have a passion for ending youth homelessness and want to learn more about how Promise House works with the community to raise the funds and awareness needed to solve this problem, please send your resume and cover letter to Danielle Fork.
The Development Intern will gain:
- 280 hours of hands-on experience in nonprofit development, including donor relationship management, event coordination, fundraising and marketing
- An opportunity to plan, supervise, and execute two important projects: a mid-year donor stewardship report and a summer donor engagement event
- Effective communication skills for building and maintaining relationships with donors, volunteers and community members
- $2,750 compensation for 8 weeks of work
Prospective applicants must:
- Want to make a difference in the lives of youth in crisis
- Be a full-time undergraduate returning to college as a junior or senior in fall 2019
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate confidence in their ability to connect with others over the phone, in writing and in person
- Possess strong organizational skills, creativity and attention to detail
Internship will take place from June 3, 2019 — July 26, 2019; schedule is flexible upon intern’s request.
This opportunity is a part of the ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program funded by the ExxonMobil Foundation.